Hospitalist Locum / Full Time– Fort Dodge
Location: Fort Dodge IA
Requirements: Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physicians. Must be BE/BC in IM / FP
Needs: 7-12 days per month.
Shifts: Day Shifts, 12 hours - 7a-7p
Hospital: 80 bed Rural hospital.
- Most Medical sub-specialists available (Cardiology, EP, Interventional cardiology, GI, Hem Oncology, Nephrology, Pulmonary Critical care.)
- Few Surgical sub-specialists available (General Surgery, Podiatry, Ortho, Ob-Gyn).
- Open ICU (12 beds); Hospitalists admit some patients to ICU with Intensivist support.
- No Code pager (ED runs codes)
- No procedures or lines or intubations or vent management required (optional).
- EMR – Epic. All providers use the same templates and order sets to reduce the variation of practice.
Schedule and Staffing:
- Day time staffed with total of 2 physicians plus 1 NP. Nighttime staffed with Tele Hospitalist (our team covers it).
- 12 hr shifts (7a-7p shifts), split new admissions between 2 MDs and 1 NP
- No night calls.
- Standard physician schedule week on and off day shifts with Flexible scheduling.
- Average starting census around 12-15 per day. Winters are busy and summers are light.
Fort Dodge IA
Hospitalist Locum / Full Time Position
Apply this Job