Siouxland Hospitalists is seeking Hospitalist to join at UnityPoint St Lukes which is a 200 bed tertiary care hospital in Sioux City IA.
- Will accept Internal Medicine (accept new graduates) or Family Medicine residents with Hospitalist experience.
- All Medical sub-specialists available (Cardiology, EP, Interventional cardiology, GI, Hem Onc, Nephrology, Pulm Critical care, Pediatric hospitalists etc.).
- All Surgical sub-specialists available (Neurosurgery, Bariatric surgery, General Surgery, Urology, Podiatry, Orthopedics, Hand surgery, Plastics, Ob-Gyn etc. but NO CT surgery).
- Open ICU (18 beds); Hospitalists admit most patients to ICU with Intensivist support. No Code pager.
- No procedures or lines or intubations or vent management required.
- Standard schedule week on and off day shifts and Flexible scheduling. Total of 26 weeks per year. No night calls. NP at night covers all admissions and cross coverage.
- Average starting census 17-18. Staffing - Day time 4 MDs and 1 NP (3 MDs are 12 hr - 7a-7p shifts), 4th MD is rounder only, 5ht provider is NP 8 hrs. 3 MDs split admissions 4 hrs per day (7a-11a, 11a-3p, 3p-7p). Night time 2 NPs 7p-7a (one covers ICU and other NP covers Floor patients and admissions)
- Rounding nurse with each physician who helps as an assistant putting all orders in EPIC, problem list, admission orders, DC orders, taking all phone calls etc. This is UNIQUE for our program.
- Base pay – 240k base salary plus RVU bonus and 401k profit sharing plan (after 1st year). Additional pay for moonlighting available. Moonlighting opportunities available at near by locations.
- Benefits - include paid malpractice with tail coverage, medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability and 401K profit sharing plan.
- EMR - Epic.
- All providers use the same templates and order sets to reduce the variation of practice.
- All Pay, bonuses and contracts are non-negotiable - all physicians are paid the same to maintain uniformity.
Siouxland Hospitalists focus on improving efficiency, optimizing practice environment, provider engagement and service excellence. We are looking for hard working, dynamic physicians with collegial personality and excellent Team player skills with long term commitment. Please see the links below.
Sioux City is in a tristate area (IA, NE, SD states) and a little over one hour away from Omaha, NE and Sioux Falls, SD. Sioux City Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) has over 168,000 residents and is expected to continue driving economic growth in the Midwest. The growing local agricultural sector has helped the local economy expanding at or above the national rate, while insulating it from major economic slowdowns. CF Industries recently completed a $2B fertilizer plant, Seaboard Triumph Foods recently opened a $264M pork processing plant, Interstate 29 is expanding from 4 lanes to 6 by 2019, US 20 is expanded to 4 lanes from Chicago to Sioux City by 2019 and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino opened a $140M facility in downtown. For the seventh time in the last decade, Siouxland MSA ranks first in the nation in its population category for economic development in 2017, according to results released by Site Selection magazine. Sioux City was recognized as the top economic development community for populations under 200,000 in 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013,2015 & 2016.